Oaklands Park before transformation
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, There’s nothing you can’t do, Now you’re in New York, These streets will make you feel brand new.
Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind Pt II
The New York Marathon is the world’s largest marathon
On the first Sunday in November each year, over 50,000 runners hit the New York streets cheered on by over one million spectators. If New York is on your mind, why not join our team and, on Sunday November 5th 2017, we’ll make sure you are ready for the race of your life.
The Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation
"Through "the medicine of sport", our aim is to develop better, healthier children and communities by giving vulnerable, disadvantaged children access to diverse sports, by building facilities and providing equipment, as well as training programs, pathways and mentoring from elite athletes. By joining our New York Marathon team and by committing to raise a minimum of $5000, you will be giving disadvantaged children an opportunity in life that they may not otherwise have."
Our Foundation has no office overheads and no salaried staff. It is totally a volunteer organisation. That way the money goes directly to our projects and to helping disadvantaged children.
by joining our team
- A secure place in the 2017 New York Marathon. No qualifying time required. But places are limited.
- Access to top-class training programs, facilities and trainers through EFM Health Clubs.
- Training sessions with like-minded individuals of various fitness levels but all with the same dream.
- Network with other runners, coaches, team sponsors and previous New York Marathoners.
- Attend team information nights on topics including nutrition, fitness, running program and preparation, injury prevention and management, motivation and goal setting, New York information and travel briefings.
- Group fund-raising events as well as advice on your own fund-raising activities.
- And in New York, be part of all RRSF Marathon Team activities and support program including a pre-race group dinner, experienced on-site hosts, runner’s survival pack and importantly, a post-event celebration.
- A special NYC RRSF running top for the big event and a training top for your preparation.
- Personally hosted in New York by Roger Rasheed.
Accommodation and Marathon Entry Package, approximately $2700AUD – excluding airfares.
A place on our team and a guaranteed marathon spot are limited.
So, if you have the dream and the desire,
contact Kate Abraham on 0413 589 637 or email@example.com
EFM Health Clubs
EMF Health Clubs will be providing exclusive fitness and training support for our team at two levels:
- Member Level - a special NY Marathon Group Rate applies. Please ask for details. Include access to EFM Gyms and a tailored running program. Over the years, EFM has assisted many runners like you achieve their marathon goals.
- Non-member Level - if you do not wish to become a member of EFM, you will receive general training tips, access to team training runs and information at our events regarding your fitness and specific marathon training work-outs.
- Through regular catch-ups, EFM's main aim is to keep our team motivated, on track with training and focused on the main game - New York Sunday November 5th.
As our official health care partner, SPORTSMED-SA will provide useful information on critical health and wellbeing issues such as injury prevention, injury management, and nutrition planning.
- The following SPORTSMED-SA orthopaedic surgeons, sports doctors, physiotherapist and podiatrist are the RRSF NY Marathon Team consultants, who will support you if/when you require treatment and advice during your training.
- Orthopedic Surgeons: Dr Adrian Bauze, Dr Domenic Leonello and Dr Matthew Hutchinson.
Sports Doctors: Dr Angela Moran and Dr Rob Buckley.
Physiotherapist: Patrick Custance.
Podiatrist: Nigel Rowe.