Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, There’s nothing you can’t do, Now you’re in New York, These streets will make you feel brand new.
Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind Pt II
On the first Sunday in November each year, over 50,000 runners hit the New York streets cheered on by over one million spectators. If New York is on your mind, why not join our team and we’ll make sure you are ready for the race of your life.
"Through "the medicine of sport", our aim is to develop better, healthier children and communities by giving vulnerable, disadvantaged children access to diverse sports, by building facilities and providing equipment, as well as training programs, pathways and mentoring from elite athletes. By joining our New York Marathon team and by committing to raise a minimum of $3000, you will be giving disadvantaged children an opportunity in life that they may not otherwise have."
Our Foundation has no office overheads and no salaried staff. It is totally a volunteer organisation. That way the money goes directly to our projects and to helping disadvantaged children.
What you get
by joining our team
- A secure place in the 2019 New York Marathon. No qualifying time required. But places are limited.
- Training sessions with like-minded individuals of various fitness levels but all with the same dream.
- Network with other runners, coaches, team sponsors and previous New York Marathoners.
- Attend team information nights on topics including nutrition, fitness, running program and preparation, injury prevention and management, motivation and goal setting, New York information and travel briefings.
- Group fund-raising events as well as advice on your own fund-raising activities.
- And in New York, be part of all RRSF Marathon Team activities and support program including a pre-race group dinner, experienced on-site hosts, runner’s survival pack and importantly, a post-event celebration.
- A special NYC RRSF running top for the big event and a training top for your preparation.
- Personally hosted in New York by Roger Rasheed.
Accommodation and Marathon Entry Package, approximately $3,200 AUD excluding airfares.
A place on our team and a guaranteed marathon spot are limited.
So, if you have the dream and the desire,
contact Beth Rackham on 0466 395 689 or email@example.com
Flex Clinic is our Physio Partner and Principal Physiotherapist Scott Smith ran the New York Marathon in 2018 with the Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation.
Scott and his team can provide our runners with information, support and services to help prevent injuries and manage them should you run into any along the way.